What Information We Have & Where We Get It
- When you create an account, purchase a product from us (such as a ticket, or merchandise), we will collect your contact and billing information.
- When you purchase tickets to one of our events, or an event for which we are a co-promoter, we will receive your information from ticket agents used to sell tickets for our promoted and co-promoted events, or the venues we hire to put on the event. This includes your name, contact details and ticket purchase information, such as number of tickets bought and seat number(s).
- When you attend one of our events, we may collect your information via (i) video surveillance cameras (we use signs where such cameras are used), (ii) from our free Wifi (if you register to use it) and, if available, via cashless payment wristbands which can be used to access events and to make purchases onsite at the event.
- When you use our websites or apps, we collect information such as the browser and device you’re using, your IP address, your location, the site you came from, what you did and didn’t use our site/app for, or the site you visit when you leave us. For more information on how we collect this information, see our Cookies Policy.
- When you use a social media feature within our website or apps, and you post to social media platforms, the social media site will provide us with some information about you.
- If you have accessibility requirements, we want to make sure you have the best experience when attending events. To do this, we need to collect details of your requirements (which may involve you providing information about your mental or physical health).
- In the few instances where we collect personal information from children, we always seek parental consent and will only ever collect such information for the purposes specified when we collect it.
How We Use Your Information & Why
This section explains how we use your information and the legal basis on which we use it.
For the performance of our contract with you
We use your information when you enter into a contract with us (for example to buy merchandise or a ticket) so we can:
- process your order
- take payment, and
- provide you with customer support.
For our legitimate business interests
- To conduct market research and analysis which helps improve and customise our products and services.
- For our marketing purposes, unless your consent is required for such marketing (see section 3 below).
- To send you customer service emails including booking confirmations and event reminders.
- To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law. For example, making sure tickets get into the hands of real fans. As such, we may use your information to prevent ticket touting, misuse of our intellectual property (e.g. our or our Event Partner’s brands), fraud, or other crimes.
Your personal data will not be used for other purposes than the above. If you no longer wish to receive information from us, you can ask us to unsubscribe and remove your (email) address from our mailing lists. For more information we refer you to the paragraph “Your choices and rights” section below.
Where you’ve given your consent
- To contact you with information or offers regarding our upcoming events, products or services – this may be via email, via push and web notifications, via SMS, or social media platforms. You can change your marketing preferences at any time, see “Your choices and rights” section below.
- To provide you with location based services – like through our festival apps which allow you to see yourself on the map so we can use your location to send you push notifications about what’s going on around you.
- To conduct crowd management analytics – some of our apps use crowd management software so we can see how many people are at a particular stage, or when the busiest times at the bars are. This helps us more efficiently allocate our resources. We turn this on shortly before the festival or event, and turn it off shortly after so we’re not tracking devices when we don’t need to.
- To deliver tailored advertising and marketing communications on our websites and apps (see our Cookies Policy for more information).
- To process your health data to meet your accessibility requirements, where specifically required and explicit consent is provided.
Who We Share Your Data With & Why
- Our third-party service providers (sometimes known as data processors) such as cloud computing providers who provide the IT infrastructure on which our products and systems are built.
- Third parties who provide goods and services purchased by you (e.g. merchandise) so that they can process and fulfil your orders.
- Other third parties, only if you’ve given your consent.
- Government agencies or other authorised bodies where permitted or required by law.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Except for the websites of third parties that FL has instructed as a processor of personal data, this Privacy Statement does not apply to (linked) third party websites. Such as websites and apps of sponsors or partners of FL or social media buttons on our websites via which these social media services process your personal information. FL does not accept any responsibility for the privacy policies of third parties. We advise you to consult the specific privacy statement on any such third party website.
Your Choices & Rights
You may always request us to correct or remove your personal information or provide you with a copy of your personal data with FL.
- You can also opt-out of receiving notices from FL (such as newsletters and promotional emailings) through a link, text or phone number or freepost which is provided at the bottom of every email, SMS, EMS or MMS you receive from FL. If you unsubscribe from our mailing lists, you will no longer receive information from FL or our partners.
- To object to personalisation you can change your preferences within your account. If this option is not available you can contact us and we will do it for you.
You also have rights over how your personal information is used including:
- The right to object to our processing of your data.
- The right to request that your information be erased or restricted from further use.
- The right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
- The right to correct, amend or update information you have given us (where you have an account with us you can also do this by logging in and updating your information).
- The right to contest any automated decision we make about you. An automated decision is a decision taken without any human intervention which has legal consequences (e.g. credit checking). We don’t typically carry out automated decision making but, if we do, we will make it clear where such decisions are being made.
To exercise any of the above rights please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that whilst we will carefully assess every request we receive, your rights may differ according to your place of residence and we may not always have to comply. When this happens, we will explain why.
Looking After Your Information
We have security measures in place to protect your information. The security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected.
We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes, in line with our company policies.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
FL reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. We advise you to check the Privacy Statement regularly for any changes.
Festivals Limburg B.V. – Please check our website for our contact information: www.pinkpop.nl/en/contact
If you have any questions about the above, or our approach to privacy, our dedicated Privacy Office, including our Data Protection Officer, is here to help: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated 10 September 2020
Festivals Limburg B.V.
PO Box 117
6160 AC Geleen
Registration number Chamber of Commerce: 14052125